CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Welcome & Instructions for First Assignment


Welcome to Educ422A!
I will use the class blog to communicate with the class on topics related to course content. As we will go over almost all assignments in class, the blog postings should provide additional insight into the assignments and the journal articles requirements/suggestions for the Journal Assignment.
I will usually leave a question at the end of each post for building community and to ensure you have read what I have written ;-)


Intro Letter Instructions

Write a three-paragraph letter of introduction to me and your classmates that you will post on your class blog.

Content:
1st paragraph: Introduce who you are, where you are from, and where you went to school (K-12) and college.

2nd paragraph: Give an overview of your experience with technology. Are you a Mac or PC person? How much do you depend on technology on a daily basis? New question for technology: which version of Microsoft Office are you using the most (with the Office 07 release for PC and 08 release for Mac, the transition is not an easy one for most people. . .and some of my instructions will need to be modified depending on the version you are able to access!)


3rd paragraph: Read the CSUSM/COE Mission Statement (It’s on the syllabus) and respond to any part of the statement that speaks to you. Was it a factor in your decision to apply at CSUSM?

Include a digital picture of yourself on the blog.

Also, comment on at least two other peers' blogs.

To submit in webCT: include your blog link and the names of the peers whose blogs you commented on.

Grading: Five points for the intro/pic on blog; 5 points for peer comments.


Question: Are you excited or nervous about integrating technology into your future classroom? Explain.

5 comments:

MathTutor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MathTutor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christian said...

Very excited. I am all about working smarter, not harder. I believe that using technology can not only make a teacher's job easier, but also enrich learning for the students.

Anonymous said...

I am truly excited to incorporate new technology into my classroom. I know I can benefit from enhancing my own technology skill level, and I intend to pass on my knowledge to my future students.

Anonymous said...

I am excited and nervous at the same time. I'm excited because I know that integrating technology in the classroom will make learning more enjoyable for the students. I remember sitting in classes and falling asleep because I was so bored in school- this is something I want to avoid when I teach! I'm nervous because I want to be sure that I'm using the right technology for my lessons. I know that this will come with more training and experience in the classroom.